Proper care and washing of screen-printed garments are essential to maintain the print's quality and longevity. Here's a wash guide to help you keep your screen-printed garments in excellent condition:
- Turn the garment inside out before washing to protect the print during the washing cycle.
- Use a gentle cycle on your washing machine to minimize agitation and prevent excessive friction on the print.
- Wash the garment with similar colors to avoid color bleeding or transfer.
- Use cold water for most screen-printed garments. Cold water helps preserve the print's color and prevents shrinking of the fabric.
- If necessary, check the garment's care label for specific temperature recommendations, especially for delicate fabrics.
- Use a mild detergent without bleach or harsh chemicals. Bleach can fade the print and weaken the fabric fibers over time.
- Avoid using fabric softeners as they can also affect the print's longevity.
Avoid Dry Cleaning:
- Dry cleaning is not recommended for screen-printed garments. The harsh chemicals used in the dry cleaning process can damage the print and the fabric.
- Hang dry the garment whenever possible. Hang it on a clothesline or a drying rack to prevent damage from high heat in the dryer.
- If using a dryer, set it to a low or delicate heat setting. Avoid high heat, as it may cause the print to crack or fade prematurely.
- Turn the garment inside out before ironing, do not iron over the print as the heat can cause damage to the print.
- For stain removal, treat the stained area with a mild stain remover or a gentle soap before washing.
- Avoid scrubbing the print directly, as it may cause damage.